How We Deliver Operational Excellence
Change is at the heart of any business initiative. According to Dr Felice Leonardo Buscaglia, there are three simple steps to lasting change:
"First, a dissatisfaction with self -- a felt void or need;
Second, a decision to change -- to fill the void or need;
Third, a conscious dedication to the process of growth and change -- the willful act of making the change"
This is easier said than done. Most change initiatives never even reach the finish line. They often fall by the wayside as the initial enthusiasm, dedication and momentum wanes over time.
As operational excellence consultants, our role is to bring the necessary guidance, tools and energy, and drive the change operations in our clients' organisations, to a successful conclusion. We also ensure the change and growth remains sustainable, by co-managing all our projects with a dedicated client team (who ultimately take the reins on project completion).
All our engagements are specifically tailored to our clients' needs. We look at all business elements from an operational excellence perspective. We look at how value is generated from a process, management system and behavioural perspectives and how even traditional cost centres such as maintenance, generate value to the bottom line. Therefore, we aim to identify and address the key elements hindering value generation in our clients' organisations. Our engagements are hands-on and generally fall into the following categories:
- Operational Due Diligence - Finding out what is really going on
- Operational Turnaround - Quick results for a struggling business
- Operational Excellence - Aligning all resources to aim for perfection
- Advisory - When just a few ideas are needed to make things happen
Form of engagement
Our engagements' format is based on the need of the client. We can work with you:
- Full Time - Our consultants lead/manage the project jointly with your staff
- Collaborative - A smaller team from our side that supports and guides your employees who deliver the project
- Flexible - Our consultants are with you a few days a month reviewing, guiding and facilitating progress but, without direct involvement in the day to day project operations.